The LEXINNOV consulting firm intervenes primarily in business law and trademark law and provides legal advice and litigation services in this context. For the past several years the firm has also developed its activity in computer law, in emerging sectors of information technologies law and electronic commerce law.
The lawyers working in partnership with the firm are particularly concerned about their relationship with their clients, which is founded on the principle that the relationship must be based on mutual confidence.
The relationship built with customers is enduring and creates a true partnership.
Lawyer at the Bar of Grenoble
Founder of the LEXINNOV consulting firm
(Mr. Depierre’s successor)
The firm’s primary activity iscontract engineering in international business law. The firm provides strategy advice to companies in the fields of industrial and commercial contracts and international cooperation, as well as in the fields of industrial property and copyright.
Assistance includes litigation and legal actions.
The working languages are English, French and Russian.
The following are examples of situations in which the firm can assist you:
- The international extension of your French brand in the United States is the subject of an objection by the US Patent Office (equivalent of the INPI) by an American company, proprietor of an earlier trade mark: How to best manage this conflictual situation?
- Your Italian supplier offers you the possibility to become its distributor in France and sends you a draft contract: What points must be checked, what essential clauses must be included in this contract?
- Your newly incorporated company needs legal documents necessary for the exercise of its commercial activity, including general conditions of sale: How can you limit your risk as vendor, while respecting the applicable legal provisions?
- Relations with your German supplier are deteriorating and discussions are not advancing, you want the jurisdiction to be in France: Is this possible?
- You have developed an innovative technology; this technology interests a company with significant means of production allowing for its commercial exploitation in other markets: What contract should be established, how to negotiate this transfer of technology?
- Assistance includes litigation and legal actions.
- The working languages are French, English and Russian.
OUR AREAS OF ACTIVITY
- Transfer of know-how, patent-licensing,
- Software licensing,
- Brand and logo licensing,
- Assignment of copyright, domain name,
- Disputes relating to problems of counterfeiting of trademarks, logos, and patents.
- Design, drafting, analysis and negotiation of contracts,
- International sales, general conditions of sale,
- Distribution (concession, commercial agency),
- Turnkey contracts, subcontracting, grouping of businesses,
- In the export contract, taking into account insurance (COFACE, all construction site risks) and financial (buyer credit, bank guarantees, letters of credit) constraints,
- Franchise contracts,
- Contracts for business referral agents,
- Analysis of the commercial conditions of calls for tender,
- For complex international transactions,
- Analysis of local legal conditions (taxation, business law) liaising with a local correspondent,
- Market subcontracting, industrial subcontracting,
- Shared research/development,
- Implantation of French companies abroad and of foreign companies in France,
- Choice and implementation of the most appropriate legal entity (liaison office, branch, subsidiary),
- Preparation and negotiation of agreements between partners in a joint venture (shareholders’ agreement and satellite contracts),
- Registration of Companies (SARL, SAS, SCI etc.),
- Shareholder agreement related thereto.
- Recovery of debts,
- Judicial expertise.
- A global vision and an operational approach to support your development.
EXAMPLES OF OPERATIONS
Preparation and negotiation of contracts
- Contractual organization between the participants responding to a call for tender for a Turkish state company,
- Agreements between a French company and its American partners for the creation of a joint venture in France,
- Engineering and industrial equipment supply contracts, turnkey contracts concluded with foreign customers,
- Sponsorship agreements in the framework of the organization of sporting events,
- Choice of the form of implantation of an Italian company in France (subsidiary? branch office? liaison office?),
- For a French company, seeking a coexistence agreement between its trade mark and that of an American company with prior presence in the United States and in Europe.
- For a subcontractor, monitoring the conditions for exercise of direct right of action following insolvency proceedings against the main contractor.
Infringement of trade mark
- Defence of a German company, by calling into question the competence of the French commercial court having jurisdiction.
- Comparative analysis of the status of a commercial agent in various countries of the European Community.
- Validation of promotional offers in light of consumer protection law.
- An international culture and open-mindedness at your service.
Grenoble – Auvergne Rhône Alpes
Université Pierre Mendès-France (Grenoble II)
Master’s degree in private law and English, Russian (Diploma of advanced studies), European Law
1983 – 1988
Chief Legal Officer
2000 – 2008 – Saint Denis de La Réunion
Senior international lawyer
FRANCE TELECOM MOBILES INTERNATIONAL
1996 – 2000 – Région de Paris, France
Junior international lawyer
BULL INFORMATION SYSTEMS
1992 – 1996 (4 ans) Defence – securing international legal arrangements, English / Russian.
Philippe SIMON is a member of the European Commission and International Bar Association of Grenoble in charge of Olympe rapprochement with the Bar of Moscow.
Philippe SIMON was sworn in before the Bar of Grenoble on March 1, 2010 in order to develop his own law firm specializing in international contracts and international operations. The firm intervenes on behalf of major national groups, but also for SMEs/SMIs and individuals.
In his previous positions, he was actively and deeply involved in the development of major projects in different countries (China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Slovakia, Romania, Egypt, Taiwan, the Dominican Republic, Morocco, India, etc).
Thanks to his experience in large multinationals (telecommunications and computing), Philippe SIMON’s expertise manifests itself in various areas of business law and primarily in the following areas:
- International contracts, memorandums of understanding (MOU), shareholder agreements, OEM agreements, VAR agreements, licensing agreements, distribution contracts, system integration contracts, purchases and sales.
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Leases
- Business Law
In order to ensure its customers the best quality of service, the LEXINNOV law firm works to establish a friendly relationship offering proximity, reactivity and simplicity, while providing a high level of expertise and follow-up to its customers.
A few publications appearing in the specialised press
- International Affairs – Industrial and Commercial Contracts – Industrial Property and Copyright
- Affaires internationales – Contrats industriels et commerciaux – Propriété industrielle et droits d’auteur
- La protection de la marque – Nationale et internationale
- L’accompagnement juridique des start-ups en mode « lean »
- Transmit and disseminate expertise to the largest population.
Order of Lawyers of the Bar of Grenoble: http://www.avocats-grenoble.com
Order of Lawyers of the Bar of Lyon: http://www.barreaulyon.com
Grex, International trade center: http://www.grex.fr
Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Grenoble: http://www.grenoble.cci.fr
Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Lyon: http://www.lyon.cci.fr
Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Paris: http://www.ccip.fr
Court of Justice of the European Communities: http://www.curia.europa.eu/index.htm
Codes, laws, jurisprudences: http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr
Court of Appeal: http://www.courdecassation.fr
State Council: http://www.conseil-etat.fr
National Institute of Industrial Property: http://www.inpi.fr
The Internet Rights Forum: http://www.foruminternet.org/
Portable : +33(0) 6 31 63 12 24 – Fax : +33(0) 476 90 24 12
40 rue Thiers – 38 000 Grenoble
Accès : Tram A et B arrêt Alsace Lorraine
Parking auto : Caserne de Bonne